Local area, attractions and things to do around Cherington
Cherington and Stourton are attached small villages approximately 4 miles southeast of the small market town of Shipston-on-Stour right at the bottom of South Warwickshire.
Surrounded by delightful Cotswold countryside, the majority of the properties in the 2 villages are constructed from local Cotswold stone which gives the whole area a chocolate box look which is matched by the friendly community spirit which can be enjoyed in the Local pub The Cherington Arms.
Cherington is the home of a very early church which has many 13th century features including an Early English Gothic east window. Upper stages of the tower and the chancel are 15th century, with later windows added to the north wall and battlements to the bell tower in the 18th century.
Both villages have working mills and Stourton has recently gained a Whisky distillery The Cotswold Distillery which will be producing local gins and whiskeys.
The Cotswold Distillery also provides tours of the distillery where you can see the distilling process in action and sample the results.
There is a thriving community spirit in the 2 villages with small (and not so small) events occurring throughout the year.
A timetable of events is displayed in the White Cottage so come along to any event happening during your stay where you will be made most welcome.
Book the White Cottage well in advance and we will provide information on events prior to your visit, and if necessary, obtain tickets for you too.
Walking in The Cotswold
Info on local walks coming soon
Stately Homes & Open Gardens
Information on local Stately Homes & Open Gardens coming Soon
The following links provide useful information on a range of services within a 30 minute drive of The White Cottage.
Local Pubs – View on Google Maps
Local Restaurants – View on Google Maps
Local Theatres – View on Google Maps
Local Cinemas – View on Google Maps
Local Shops – View on Google Maps
Local Takeaways – View on Google Maps
Local Garden Centres – View on Google Maps
Local Playgrounds and Playgroups – View on Google Maps
Local Childminders – View on Google Maps
Cotswolds Distillery – Built in traditional Cotswolds stone and set in beautifully landscaped gardens, Cotswolds Distillery now welcomes visitors to the distillery for exclusive tour and tasting sessions.
Whistlers Café, Bar & Restaurant – Just 15 minutes away from The White Cottage and you will find this delightful restaurant/bar.
Shakespeare’s Birthplace – 25 minutes drive up the A34 and you’re in Stratford-upon-Avon where you can visit Shakespeare’s Birthplace, The Royal Shakespeare Theatre and many other historic buildings.
Cotswold WildLife Park – Lovely little wildlife park and gardens with lots to see and do.
- Cotswold Holiday Cottages
- ECU Remapping Warwickshire
- VW Campervan Hire South Warwickshire
- House Selling Expert Website
- Shipston Business Directory
- Devil Worshipers Reported in Stourton, Cherington, South Warwickshire
- Map of The White Cottage
- Cotswold Wildlife Park Review
- Cottage With Disabled Access
- Warwickshire Handyman
- Holiday Cottages in Warwickshire
- 2 Bedroom Cottage For Rent South Warwickshire
- Wine Cellar Tours Shipston-on-Stour
- Warwickshire Holiday Cottage Rates 2015
- Warwickshire Holiday Cottage Last Minute Bookings Available
- 2 Bedroom Cottage for Rent near Shipston and Stratford-upon-Avon
- Cotswold Distillery Tours
- Christmas in The Cotswolds Holiday Cottage
- Short Weekend Break in South Warwickshire
- New Carpets Fitted at The White Cottage
- New Kitchen at The White Cottage
- South Warwickshire Holiday Cottage short breaks
- Cherington Flower Show 2014
- Gruffalo in The Cotswolds
- 2 Bedroom Cotswold Holiday Cottage Availability 2022
- Holiday Cottage in Warwickshire for Christmas 2014